Please ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to
perform the journey as the Yatra involves trekking at an altitude of
1,4000ft. Get yourself medically examined and certified fit for the
journey and forward the certificate to the registering authority
designated for your area of residence.
· Do carry sufficient heavy wollens including sweaters, woollen thermal body warmers, trousers, monkey caps, mufflers and any other cold fighting apparels. Other items needed to be carried are wind cheaters, raincoats, sleeping bags, blankets, water proof shoes with sufficient grips, small water proof tents, torch with sufficient batteries and walking sticks. Ladies are advised to avoid sarees. Instead body hugging clothing like Salwar Kamiz, pants, etc are advised.
· Carry dry eatable stocks with you viz. biscuits, Sugar, Candies, chocolates, milk powder, assorted dry fruits, pickles, honey, lemons and tinned foods and other items suiting your palates. Water bottle, spoons, tumblers, saucers and plates may also be carried.
· Ration and firewood quota is also made available en route and can be purchased.
· Registered ponywalla, porter, dandyman may only be hired. They are available for prefixed tarrifs.
· Ponies carrying luggage and eatables should remain with you all the time. At no point of time should you get out of touch with them. This is to avoid inconvenience.
· Move slowly and steadily, as this is an arduous pilgrimage and maintain discipline. Instructions of Yatra officer should be adhered to. Various officials are deployed by the Government of India for your help.
· Carry sufficient money to pay for your accommodation at Pahalgam and meeting your other requirements.
· All medical facilities during Yatra are free. It is advisable to carry your own personal medical kit and First aid box.
· Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
· Don't overstarin on steep gradients.
· Don't relax at places where warning signs are fixed.
· Don't break traffic discipline.
· Do not pay more to any of the hired services for which the prices are fixed.
· Yatries without registration card, Aged, infirm, ailing and ill clad persons will not be allowed to proceed beyond Pahalgam and Baltal.
WARNING: At the present time this is a very dangerous area and it is highly advised that foreign tourists do not go here because of Kashmiri militants. It is best to check the situation in advance.