THINGS TO REMEMBER AT VAISHNO DEVI
Located 61 km North of Jammu
Perched at 5,200 feet on lower Himalayan Ranges
Most Divine Shrines of Hindus
Best Time To Visit:
All The Year Round
Centres Around Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine
Shri Raghu-Nath Temple - Jammu
Banganga Temple & Bridge
Duja Darshan - Devamayi
Charan Paduka Temple
Agar Baba Jitoo
Bus Stand Katra
Shri Raghu-Nath Temple - Katra
Holy Mother's Temple & Cave
|Things to remember
- Take official receipts for all payments made to the Shri Mata
Vaishno Devi Shrine Board as well as private vendors. Official rate
lists for all services are available. Demand to see them when making
- Avail of the services of only registered people be it pithu, pony
or the dandiwalla and keep his token for the period he is engaged.
- Contact the announcement counters of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine
Board at Katra, Banganga, Adhkawari and Darbar for locating missing
- Use only the donation boxes provided at various places by Mata
Vaishnodevi Shrine Board. In case of donations at the donation
counters of the Board at Katra (Central Office/ Vishram Ghar),
Adhkawari, Sanjichhat and various points at the Bhawan obtain a
- Avoid overstraining on the climb and prefer the track over the
stairs and stick to either of the paths.
- Luggage and belongings should not be deposited with unauthorised
persons or left unguarded at the bathing ghats.
- Qualified doctors are available at the Primary Health Centre,
Katra, Adhkawari and Bhawan - Open round the clock. The Evening
Clinic, Katra Bus Stand - Open 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Clothing - Light woollens required at night during the summer
months. Heavy woollens required during the remaining part of the
- Note: Donations to the Shrine are exempt from Income Tax
under the Income Tax Act. Do contact the Central Office of the
Shrine Board located at Katra, or the SDM or Tehsildar in Room Nno.
8,, Kalika Bhawan, Durbar or write at the following address for any
kind of suggestions/complaints: The Chief Executive Officer, Shri
Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board Katra, J&K, India.